So Friday after the kids went to school I headed over to Weldon Springs with my mom to get my tent pitched. (I had a bow party in Pontiac and didn't have time to work on it after school) My kids were so excited that they didn't even want to go to school!!
Saturday we were all up at our normal 6am. had pancakes and bacon for Breakfast, the boys went fishing while the moms stayed back and got lunch ready and I made bows and others read books. For lunch we had Hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans. The kids had fun on the bike trails and the playground area and went boating with grandpa (or better know as pa). I was in charge of the entertainment and so I had the kids do a scavenger hunt, they did a campfire skit, and we watched Night at the Museum with dads projector (the kids thought that was really cool, even other kids from around watched!)
This is a funny picture of Ethan being our light post. After the movie we needed to clean up the food and put it away so no animals would come and get into it so Ethan stood up on the table and held the light so we could see.
Sunday once again we were up early today was french toast and bacon again for breakfast. We had our own Church service with the kids singing the VBS songs and dad preaching from Genesis. The boys fished again we grilled out and then headed to the lake again with the boat and we (the Prather's) headed straight to the beach to swim.

We had a great weekend. Now I am back home doing about 7 loads of laundry (all those blankets, and dirty clothes from camping and the campfire smoke smell!!) I will put more pictures up when I get them from the family!!
Also The Governor wants to close this State camp facility and there are petitions to sign to keep it open.
3 comments:
You should have told me that you were there!! I was at Weldon Springs Saturday for a wedding!
Jen, You got some great pictures! I will send some more your way when I get them downloaded!
You got great pictures from balloon fest as well! I'd like the one of the glow!
Jennifer,
You got great pictures!
Post a Comment